The FT Word
The FT Word is a free monthly newsletter with support management tips. To subscribe, send us email with your email address. The subscription list is absolutely confidential; we never sell, rent, or give information about our subscribers.
Welcome to the November 2012 edition of the FT Word. Feel free to forward it to your colleagues. (They can get their own subscription.)
Topics for this month:
- Customer experience – the FT Works indicator encourages using customer data to personalize (and improve) their experience
- Soft skills training for Apple “geniuses” – why the outrage is puzzling and what really matters for soft skills (check out our workshops, hint, hint)
- The care and feeding of jerks – on the high cost of morale-sapping team members and why irreplaceable people can, in fact, be replaced
FT Works in the News
Third Tuesday Forum Breakfast
This month, we will be meeting on the second Tuesday of the month (as we figured it would be a little awkward to meet right before Thanksgiving), which is on Tuesday, November 13th. Our speaker is Jennifer Cashman of Cisco Systems who will speak about Getting in the Knowledge-Sharing Zone: How Tech Zone is enabling collaboration, knowledge sharing, and teamwork at Cisco. Join us as we explore a collaboration space built “by engineers for engineers” to facilitate teamwork and knowledge sharing — with the usual, PowerPoint-free debate the Third Tuesday Forum is famous for.
Two articles in TSIA News
TSIA News published two articles I wrote:
- Supporting Babel: Making Sense of Multilingual Support. Inside Technology Services, August 2012. Read it here.
- Moving to a Customer-Oriented Culture: Hint, it’s not about soft skills training. Inside Technology Services, October 2012. It’s available here.
Curious about something? Send me your suggestions for topics — or add one in the comments — and your name will appear in future newsletters. I’m thinking of doing a compilation of “tips and tricks about support metrics” in the coming months so if you have favorites, horror stories, or questions about metrics, please don’t be shy.
650 559 9826
About FT Works
FT Works helps technology companies create and improve their support operations. Areas of expertise include designing support offerings, creating hiring plans to recruit the right people quickly, training support staff to deliver effective support, defining and implementing support processes, selecting support tools, designing effective metrics, and support center audits. See more details at www.ftworks.com.