As announced a few days ago, I will be leading a workshop this summer about support websites. Teaming up with Al Hahn of the Association of Support Professionals, we will host 6 sessions over 6 weeks in July and August to cover the following:
- Best practices for support websites (illustrated with examples from the winners of the Ten Best Support Websites award that ASP runs
- What functionality to include in your website to meet your users’ needs and your budget
- Solving common support website dilemmas including handling multiple product lines and integrating various back-end tools
Auditing your support website. We will give you tools to conduct mystery shopper evaluations and to leverage surveys and web analytics
- Website makeovers. We will conduct makeovers for selected participants. Submit key pages of your website when you register for a group critique led by the facilitators.
- Designing a website improvement strategy. We will give you tools to prioritize improvements, select a web design partner, and drive an effective redesign.