Great tech support starts with great technical skills. But to be truly effective as a support engineer or support analyst requires some finesse in handling customers.
The Art of Complex Support workshop provides practical, hands-on techniques to work effectively with customers and includes many opportunities to practice difficult situations in a safe, supporting environment. And it’s also a great venue for sharing and learning from “war stories.”
The two-day workshop focuses on communication skills, driving issues to resolution, working with difficult customers, using small-group techniques, multiple role plays, and individualized post-training action plans to ensure that the training is not only fun and informative, but leads to long-term behavior changes.
- Rethinking the Support profession
- Building empathy to create a bond with the customer
- Building trust to encourage a truly collaborative relationship
- Setting boundaries when needed
- Flexing to the customer’s unique work style
- Centering yourself with proper time management, stress management, and teamwork
- The next workshop in this series, The Art of Complex Support Refreshers », incorporates trainings throughout the year to keep the importance of smart customer service fresh in everyone’s minds, while adding new, advanced topics and exercises.
- Looking for a workshop for customer service reps? We have a one-day version of this workshop specifically designed for non-technical teams who interact with technically-savvy customers, The Art of Customer Service ».
- We customize each delivery to suit your exact needs. For more information or to schedule a session, please contact us.