Doing support is like riding a bicycle. On a bicycle, the back wheel provides the thrust forward and the front wheel provides direction. In support, our technical skills propel us and our customer skills guide us.
We help support engineers and techs to navigate difficult situations with our group-friendly, drop-in clinics. The participants bring the questions and dilemmas they are facing. We provide suggestions, encouragement, role plays, and feedback to get to satisfying solutions.
What can we talk about?
Anything, really! For instance:
- I have a tough conversation coming up and I don’t know how to tackle it.
- I want to get rid of an annoying “verbal tic”.
- How do I deal with a demeaning customer?
- I just cannot get organized.
- I had a difficult interaction with a customer and I want to know what I could have done differently.
- I cannot say no.
- How can I be more assertive with demanding customers?
- Is there a long-term commitment? You can schedule a single session or come back again and again.
- Can this be a group activity? Yes, we can accommodate as many as 12 participants.
- Is it confidential? Yes, and we ask the participants to keep confidentiality, too.
- Is it different from training? Yes, it is a purely participant-driven technique. We highly recommend starting with a “front-wheel” workshop such as The Art of Complex Support but you can book a clinic session independently.