Time management is key to success in chaotic support environments, and yet it’s hard to find appropriate time management training since most programs are geared towards project-oriented environments. The Art of Managing Time, a one-day workshop is specifically designed for support teams and addresses how to get things done in interrupt-driven environments.
- Defining priorities on and off the job
- Using a time log to identify time wasters, pinpoint high-energy times, and ensure that time usage aligns with priorities
- Breaking down high-level priorities into practical tasks and activities
- Maintaining a master to-do list to make it easy to prioritize tasks
- Urgent vs. important tasks
- Creating and monitoring a realistic schedule for an interrupt-driven work environments
- Setting up efficient systems for recurring tasks
- Organizing your work space
- Fighting procrastination
- Dynamically reshuffling priorities
The workshop uses multiple exercises and individualized post-training action plans to ensure that the training is not only fun and informative, but leads to long-term behavior changes. Each participant should bring the tool they currently use to manage their time, electronic or not.
For more information or to schedule a session, please contact us.