The Art of Managing Projects workshop is designed for support staffers who are asked to lead projects that include cross-functional teams such as new product releases, customer implementations, or support process rollouts.
Participants should bring a project they have been asked to lead. During the two days of the workshop, we will create a complete project plan and mock-manage the project to completion.
- What makes a project successful?
- The role of the project manager
- Selecting the project team: project sponsor, stakeholders
- Defining project objectives
- Launching a project
- Organizing and scheduling the work: creating the project plan
- Identifying and reducing risk
- Getting buy-in from cross-functional teams
- Tracking the project
- Addressing conflicts and problems
- Avoiding scope creep
- Status reporting
- Turning around a failing project
- Conducting a post-mortem analysis
For more information or to schedule a session, please contact us.